Do you enjoy boxing but find that your hands often get injured? If so, you must invest in a good pair of boxing gloves. Not all gloves are created equal, however.
This blog post will discuss the best boxing gloves for injured hands. We will also look at key features to consider when making your purchase and provide pros and cons for each option.
11 Best Boxing Gloves For Injured Hands
While your workout, you might accidentally injure your hand. To prevent this, you need to choose gloves that will help reduce your punches’ impact.
Look for gloves that have extra padding in the knuckle area. This will help to protect your hands from re-injury.
When looking for the best boxing gloves for injured hands, consider the glove’s weight.
A heavier glove will offer more protection but may be less comfortable to wear. A lighter glove may not provide as much protection but will be more pleased.
You must decide what is more important to you: comfort or protection.
Once you have decided on the weight of the glove, take a look at the material.
Leather gloves are more expensive but will last longer than synthetic gloves. If you can afford it, go for a leather pair.
Finally, consider the size of the glove. Try them on before you buy to ensure a comfortable fit.
Now that we’ve gone over the key features to look for let’s take a closer look at the best boxing gloves for injured hands.
1. TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves – Winner:
Title Gel gloves are an excellent pick for those looking for superior quality and protection.
The all-leather outer with special hand compartment lining is comfortable and protects your hands from sweat and moisture.
The gel lining is the key feature of these gloves as it provides unmatched form fit and impact resistance.
The wraparound adjustable wrist strap with D-ring and hook-and-loop closure ensures a secure fit.
These gloves are also very stylish and come in a variety of colors. No matter what your budget is, you will be able to find a pair of Gel gloves that fit your needs.
If you are looking for the best boxing gloves for injured hands, then the Gel gloves are the way to go.
With their superior quality and protection, you can rest assured that your hands will be well taken care of. So don’t wait any longer; get a pair of Gel gloves today!
The Gel gloves are available in a variety of colors. You can choose from black, white, red, and blue.
They are also available in different sizes to find the perfect fit for your hands.
The Gel gloves are made from high-quality materials and are built to last.
You can be sure you will get your money’s worth when purchasing a pair of Gel gloves.
– All-leather outer
– Special hand compartment lining
– Gel Enforced Lining™
– Multi-layered foam padding
– Wraparound adjustable wrist strap
– D-ring and hook-and-loop closure
2. Venum Elite Boxing Gloves – Runner Up:
Venum Elite Boxing Gloves are the best gloves for injured hands because they provide unrivaled shock absorption and protection.
Their foam is denser (triple padded) than most other gloves on the market.
It makes them ideal for those who have suffered previous injuries or are susceptible to hand injuries.
The gloves are also handmade in Thailand from premium Skintex leather, ensuring they will last for many years with proper care.
Their seams are also strengthened, making them less likely to tear or come apart at the seams.
If you are looking for a high-quality pair of boxing gloves that protect your hands, the Venum Elite Boxing Gloves are a perfect choice.
Order yours today and enjoy the peace of mind knowing your hands are well protected.
– 100% premium Skintex leather
– Triple density foam for unrivaled shock absorption
– Handmade in Thailand from premium materials
– Strengthened seams for added durability
3. Hayabusa S4 Boxing Gloves – Secure, Protected Fit:
Hayabusa has set a new standard for beginner boxing gloves with the S4.
These gloves are comfortable and have a tailored fit that makes them perfect for high-intensity workouts.
Their nylon lining and mesh palm make them durable, while the pre-curved ergonomic pocket ensures a proper fist closure.
The single strap works in tandem with the splinted wrist support. It delivers a secure, protective fit that prevents risky and damaging bends.
Padded knuckle protection and cushioning foam make these gloves perfect for any sport significantly if you have injured hands.
The package comes with one pair of gloves, and they are available in different sizes.
You can use them for training, sparring, kickboxing, combat sports, taekwondo, MMA, muay Thai, and martial arts.
They are perfect for beginners as well as those with injured hands. So, if you are looking for a good pair of boxing gloves, the S4 from Hayabusa is an excellent option.
– Tailored fit for comfort
– Nylon lining for durability
– Mesh palm for breathability
– Pre-curved ergonomic pocket for proper fist closure
– Single strap for a secure fit
– Splinted wrist support for protection
– Padded knuckle protection for cushioning
4. Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves – Great Shock Absorption:
Venum Challenger is one of the most comfortable gloves ever. The triple-density foam does make a difference in how much shock your hands can take.
You can wear these gloves all day without having to readjust them. Also, they have an excellent fit for people with average-sized hands.
Their quality PU leather construction and breathable mesh interior make them durable enough to withstand heavy usage.
The curved anatomical shape with reinforced palms and fully attached thumbs make them safe to use.
And the large velcro enclosure with elastic provides a secure fit and support for intense training sessions.
The only thing that could improve these gloves is if they came in more colors.
All in all, the Venum Challenger gloves are an excellent choice for both beginners and experienced users.
They offer great value for the price and will help you take your training to the next level.
– Triple-density foam for shock absorption
– Quality PU leather construction
– Breathable mesh interior
– Curved anatomical shape
– Reinforced palms
– Fully attached thumbs
– Large velcro enclosure
– Elastic for a secure fit
5. Everlast Elite Pro Style Training Gloves – Superior Hand & Wrist Support:
Everlast has long been a trusted name in boxing, and their gloves are some of the best on the market.
The Elite Pro Style Training Gloves provide superior hand and wrist support. Their Everfresh treatment helps to keep them free from bacteria.
And the Evercool technology will keep your hands fresh and dry during the most intense workouts.
Moreover, they have Evershield padding that stabilizes your hands and wrists for a genuinely secure and comfortable fit.
These gloves come under $60, making them an excellent option for those on a budget.
They’re also available in sizes small through extra-large to find the perfect fit for your hand size.
These gloves also come in a variety of colors to match your style.
If you’re looking for a quality pair of boxing gloves, the Everlast Elite Pro Style Training Gloves are a great option.
– Superior hand and wrist support
– Everfresh treatment helps keep gloves free from bacteria
– Evercool technology keeps hands fresh and dry during intense workouts
– Evershield padding gives a truly secure and comfortable fit
6. Ringside Apex Training Gloves – IMF Technology:
The Ringside Apex Training Gloves are some of the best boxing gloves for injured hands on the market.
They have a durable and easy-to-clean synthetic leather shell, perfect for sparring or bag work.
The IMF (Injected Molded Foam) Tech is ideal for protecting your hands while you train.
The mesh palm keeps your hands cool and comfortable, and the gloves come in various colors.
These gloves will surely give you a competitive workout and help you reach your fitness goals.
The full wraparound hook, loop closure, and attached thumb provide safety while you train.
So, if you’re looking for a high-quality pair of gloves that will protect your hands, the Ringside Apex Training Gloves are a great option.
– IMF (Injected Molded Foam) Tech
– Durable synthetic leather shell
– Mesh palm keeps your hands cool and comfortable
– Full wraparound hook and loop closure
– Attached is a thumb for safety
7. RDX Boxing Gloves EGO – Perfect Alignment:
Resilience and durability are essential qualities to look for in a boxing glove, and the RDX EGO Series Boxing Gloves deliver in that regard.
These gloves are manufactured with Maya Hide leather, making them durable and ideal for any sport.
The multiple layers of padding used in these gloves diffuse the impact of punches quite effectively.
And the ventilation holes provide just the proper airflow to minimize sweat accumulation.
The thumb design and Denso Tron grip bar helps to keep your hand in optimal alignment.
Also, the extra-long quick-touch fastener strap provides enhanced support during training.
A lot of thought went into the design of these gloves. And they seem like they would be an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality boxing glove.
– Maya Hide leather construction for durability
– Multiple layers of padding for effective diffusion
– Ventilation holes for optimal airflow
– Attached is the thumb design and Denso Tron grip bar for alignment
– Extra-long quick-touch fastener strap for support
8. Fairtex Microfibre Boxing Gloves – Good Shock Absorbent:
Fairtex has quality materials inside and out.
With a slimmer profile, these gloves help you land more punches while maintaining feedback.
The extended cuffs provide superior wrist support without getting in the way of your performance.
Fairtex also manufactures a host of training gear and accessories to complement the gloves.
Hand wraps to gym bags and everything else in between and beyond. This way, you can have everything you need from training to fight night!
The microfiber gloves are available in an array of styles and designs. You should have no trouble finding a pair that will suit your personal preference.
Nonetheless, they all sport the same quality craftsmanship that Fairtex is renowned for.
They’re evenly distributed throughout the gloves. There is extra padding on the inner or palm area for comfortably catching head kicks and blocking knee shots.
– Made from microfiber
– Paddings for optimal shock absorbency
– Available in an array of styles and designs
– Superior wrist support
9. Adidas Boxing Gloves – IMF Foam Construction:
Adidas has always been a trusted name in sports, and their boxing gloves are no different.
These gloves are made from high-quality materials and construction, making them highly durable and long-lasting.
The gloves feature a unique IMF foam construction designed for excellent shock absorption. It keeps your hands safe from damage during extended workouts.
The one-piece mold provides a great fit and firm support, making them perfect for beginners and professionals alike.
The wide Velcro strap ensures a secure fit and wrist protection. And on top, the PU shells are easy to clean.
The Adidas boxing gloves are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, durable, and comfortable pair of gloves.
– High-quality materials and construction
– Special IMF foam construction for excellent shock absorption
– The one-piece mold for a great fit
– Wide Velcro strap for wrist protection
– Easy to clean PU shell
10. Reebok Boxing Gloves – Optimal Comfort:
Reebok is a trusted name in boxing gloves, and these particular gloves are some of the best on the market for those with injured hands.
Made from high-grade synthetic leather, they are durable enough to withstand daily training.
Yet they are comfortable enough to wear for extended periods.
The padding is injection molded for optimal comfort and shock absorption. And the cuffs and grasp bar provides support to the wrist and knuckles.
The gloves are also breathable and have an adjustable fit, so you can be sure they will be comfortable even during long workouts.
Best of all, they suit everyone, regardless of size or weight.
So if you are looking for a quality pair of boxing gloves to help you train with injured hands, the Reebok Boxing Gloves are a great option.
– Made from high-grade synthetic leather
– Durable and comfortable
– Padding is injection molded for optimal comfort and shock absorption
– Cuffs and grasp bar provide support to the wrist and knuckles
– Breathable and have an adjustable fit
– Suitable for everyone, regardless of size or weight.
11. Meister Pro Boxing Gloves w/Wrist Support:
Meister is a leading manufacturer of high-quality boxing gloves and other boxing equipment.
The company was founded in 1999 by former professional boxer Michael Meister.
The Meister Pro-Style Boxing Gloves are just one example of the quality products that the company produces.
These gloves are perfect for heavy bag training or fitness workouts and come in a zip-up carry case for easy storage.
The Meister Pro-Style Boxing Gloves are available in 12 ounces (for women/youth), 14 ounces, and 16 ounces (for men).
They are made from multi-layered high-density foam padding and ultra-durable synthetic leather, and they feature enforced wrists to keep your hand correctly positioned.
The molded fingers and thumb form an ergonomic fist, making these gloves comfortable and easy to use.
Thus, Meister Pro-Style Boxing Gloves are an excellent choice for anyone looking for a high-quality, durable pair of boxing gloves.
– Multi-layered high-density foam padding
– Ultra-durable synthetic leather body
– Enforced wrist support
– Molded fingers and thumb form an ergonomic fist
A Comprehensive Buying Guide (2022)
As a beginner, you may not have thought about the different boxing gloves available or what kind of glove is best for you.
This buying guide will discuss the different types of gloves and which are best for injured hands.
1. Types Of Gloves To Choose From:
There are four main types of boxing gloves: training gloves, sparring gloves, bag gloves, and competition gloves.
– Training gloves are the most versatile type of glove. They have a variety of purposes, including sparring, bag work, and shadow boxing.
– Sparring gloves are specifically for sparring sessions with a partner. They have more padding to protect your hands and your partner’s face.
– Bag gloves are for hitting the heavy bag and have less padding than other types of gloves. It helps you build up hand speed and power.
– Competition gloves are for actual boxing matches. They have the least padding to minimize the risk of injury to your hands.
Thus, for injured hands, it is best to choose gloves with more padding, such as training or sparring gloves.
2. Best Glove Weight For Injured Hands:
The weight of the glove you choose should be based on the severity of your injury.
– If you have a mild injury, you can choose a 14-16 oz glove.
– For a moderate injury, a glove between 12-14 oz. is best.
– If you have a severe injury, it is best to choose a glove between 8-10 oz.
You should also consult with your doctor or physical therapist. See if they have any recommendations for the weight of the glove.
3. Choose Glove That Fits Best:
You also want to make sure that the gloves you choose fit well. Gloves that are too tight can cause more pain in your hands.
– If you have large hands, you may want to choose gloves that are one size larger.
– For small hands, go for the one-size smaller gloves.
– But for average-sized hands, find gloves that fit well without having to go up or down a size.
You can also try different gloves and see which ones feel the most comfortable.
Once you find a few gloves you like, ask someone at the store to help you choose the best one.
4. Padding Is A Necessity:
Padding is essential for protecting your hands, especially if you have an injury.
– Look for gloves that have thick padding on the knuckles and wrist.
– The padding should be made of a soft foam material. So it doesn’t hurt your hands when you hit something.
– You may also want to consider gloves that have gel padding. This can help reduce the impact of your punches.
5. Hand Wraps Are A Blessing Too:
In addition to gloves, you may also want to invest in hand wraps.
– Hand wraps help protect your hands and wrists from further injury.
– They also help keep your gloves in place. So they don’t slip off during a fight.
– And they can add extra support to your injured hands.
Hand wraps are inexpensive and can be found at most sporting goods stores.
6. Material Of Gloves Is Important:
The material of the gloves is also essential.
– Gloves that are made of leather tend to be more durable. But they can be more expensive.
– Synthetic materials are usually cheaper. But they may not last as long as leather gloves.
It would help if you also considered the climate you live in.
– If it’s hot where you live, choose gloves made of breathable materials. So your hands don’t get too sweaty.
– If it’s cold where you live, choose gloves that keep your hands warm.
You can also find gloves that are made of a combination of materials. Such as leather and synthetic materials.
Look for gloves that are easy to maintain and clean. So they don’t get too smelly.
You also want gloves that don’t require a lot of care. Such as unique treatments or conditioners.
And you want gloves that won’t tear easily. So you don’t have to replace them often.
These are just a few things to consider when choosing the best boxing gloves for injured hands.
Take your time and find the perfect pair of gloves for you. And always consult with your doctor before starting any new exercise routine.
Best boxing gloves for injured hands are the ones that have more padding, fit well, and are made of breathable materials.
Hand wraps are also a good idea to invest in. There are several brands of boxing gloves on the market. So take your time in choosing the perfect pair for you.
- Muay Thai Gloves Vs Boxing Gloves – 12 Differences - December 17, 2022
- Characteristics Of Heaviest Boxing Gloves + Pros & Cons - December 14, 2022
- How To Clean Everlast Boxing Gloves In 8 Steps - December 10, 2022